Winter is well on it’s way in Chicago, and that means it’s time for some lightened-up Italian comfort food. For a healthy twist on chicken parmesan, try this skinny bruschetta chicken.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup sundried tomato vinaigrette (I prefer Cindy’s Kitchen)
- 8 small fresh mozarella balls
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 8 basil leaves, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 2 cups brown rice fusilli (I prefer Trader Joe’s Brown Rice and Quinoa Fusilli)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Marinate the chicken breasts in vinaigrette for at least two hours. The longer you marinate, the more flavorful and tender your chicken will be! If possible, marinate overnight.
Make the bruschetta. In a bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, lemon juice, EVOO, basil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Leave at room temperature while you prepare the chicken and fusilli.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken breasts in an oven safe dish and bake 30-35 minutes. Top with mozzarella and broil 2-3 minutes until melted.
Make the brown rice fusilli, following the directions on the package.